This week, we have talked about how language changes in different contexts in class. Our speech changes according to some factors such as who we are talking to, where/when/why we are talking and what are we talking about (the topic). While listening to this lesson, I have noticed that I live these changes all the time unconsciously. To give an example; my speech changes when I talk to my boy bestie and my girl bestie. I use "hacı/aga" when I talk to my boy bestie because these words are more masculine, and I use the words "bacım/kız" when I talk to my girl besties because these words are more feminine. I also use "pardon, bakar mısınız?" while asking something to a stranger or an elder person but I use "kankacım/canım" while asking something to my close friends. To sum up, we use much more sincere words to our close ones, and we use more distant words while talking to people we don't know much.

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

politeness and face

Writing a research paper